I found this recipe on Pinterest as a Paleo recipe and adjusted it to fit what I already had in my kitchen. Super yummy and a healthier dessert alternative for when you’re craving something sweet.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Chocolate chips (optional but I think they are necessary!)
- Add the egg to a mug and beat it will with a fork.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Microwave for about 1 minute and 3o seconds or until fully cooked.
Lately I have been making zucchini boats and my family loves them! These are fun to make and pretty simple too. I like them because you can personalize them and pretty much add in whatever you would like.
Ingredients: (Makes 8 boats)
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 package of organic grass-fed ground beef (You could also used ground turkey if you prefer that).
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tomato
- 2 bell peppers (any color), diced
- Half a bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Half of an onion, chopped
- Spices: I used garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, tarragon.
- Avocado, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut all 4 zucchinis in half
- Scoop out the insides of the zucchinis into a bowl and set aside, leaving the outsides of the zucchini. Now you have your “zucchini boats”.
- Put the zucchini boats onto a baking pan and drizzle some olive oil over the boats. You can add a little cumin and salt to those as well.
- Bake those in the oven for about 8 minutes.
- While the zucchini boats are baking, cook the ground beef in a pan on the stove until fully cooked. Now add in the tomato, bell peppers, onion, cilantro, stone ground mustard, and the insides of the zucchini and saute. Add in the spices that you chose to use.
- Once everything is cooked, load the zucchini boats full of the ground beef and vegetable mix (it should look similar to my picture).
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Top the boats with some avocado, salsa, or anything else you like and enjoy!