Do you feel rushed in the mornings leaving little time for breakfast? I have the perfect solution: Morning Buns! These muffins are delicious, filling, and taste great topped with a little honey. Not to mention, these are much lower calorie and are healthier than any pastry you will find at Starbucks.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup nut butter (Any nut butter will do – I used half almond butter and half peanut butter because that’s what I had on hand.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp organic maple syrup ( or more if you want them sweeter)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, nut butter, and eggs. Mix well until mixture is creamy (this may take a few minutes).
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Pour mixture into greased muffin tins. Fill up about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
Makes about 9-10 morning buns.