Tonight I experimented with white beans and made an extra creamy hummus. This is pretty delicious and a healthy and all natural alternative to store bought hummus. Hope you like it!
- 1 can of organic cannellini white beans
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp water
- A few basil leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until you have reached a smooth, creamy texture.
- Pair with some organic tortilla chips or veggies and enjoy!
Tis’ the season for pumpkin flavored everything. Unfortunately, majority of these delicious pumpkin flavored treats have actually very little pumpkin in them (I’ll do a blog post on that later). So instead of indulging in a high calorie and highly processed pumpkin treat, opt for my Pumpkin Bread that is made with real ingredients and will keep you satisfied 🙂
- 1 cup of 100% pure canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (I used about 1 tbsp less than this)
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, baking soda, and salt. Once combined, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and maple syrup. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Stick a knife down the center and if it comes out clean it is cooked all the way.
- Let sit for a few minutes.