Tis’ the season for pumpkin flavored everything. Unfortunately, majority of these delicious pumpkin flavored treats have actually very little pumpkin in them (I’ll do a blog post on that later). So instead of indulging in a high calorie and highly processed pumpkin treat, opt for my Pumpkin Bread that is made with real ingredients and will keep you satisfied 🙂
- 1 cup of 100% pure canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (I used about 1 tbsp less than this)
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, baking soda, and salt. Once combined, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and maple syrup. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Stick a knife down the center and if it comes out clean it is cooked all the way.
- Let sit for a few minutes.