I am going to be up late tonight working on a project, so I thought that I deserved a little treat. Although I was tempted to go to the store and buy some Swedish fish (my favorite candy), I opted for a slice of my gluten/dairy free Banana Oat Bread. Not only is this much healthier than the Swedish fish, but it is more filling too! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: One additional banana for the top of the bread. You could also add some sliced/chopped nuts as well.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda. Once combined, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until well combined.
- Add in the egg whites, mashed bananas, almond milk, vanilla, honey, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and blend together.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle the sliced/chopped nuts on top if using. You an also add the banana topping as well.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or so.
- Let the bread sit for a few minutes before slicing.