Granola is great because it is delicious and you can use it as a topping on so many things or just eat it as a snack. Unfortunately, granola you buy at the store can have high calorie & fat content and can be loaded with unnecessary ingredients that none of us need. Instead of buying granola at the store, opt for this Homemade Granola that is just as tasty but much much healthier!
- 2 cups oats (use gluten free if you are allergic like me)
- 1/2 cup nuts/seeds (I used a combination of almonds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and chopped hazelnuts – use what you have!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup dried fruit or cacao nibs
- A dash of salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until well combined
- Pour granola out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Enjoy! See below for a new recipe using the granola!
Chia Seed Pudding Parfait
I always see the yogurt parfaits at Starbucks and I have been tempted to get one numerous times. Due to my dairy allergy, I have yet to be able to buy one. So instead, I decided to make my own – a much healthier version too I might add!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together the almond milk and the vanilla.
- Add in the chia seeds and stir.
- Place in the fridge for about 4 hours in a tight container or mason jar — You could always make this before bedtime and put it in the fridge so it is ready for the morning or make it right after breakfast so that it is ready by lunch.
- Take out and add your toppings such as my Homemade Granola and bananas! You could also use any other type of fruit or really anything you want!