Mornings are my favorite part of the day. I haven’t always been a morning person but as I have gotten older, I have developed a few tips and tricks that help me have the best, healthiest, and most productive mornings.
1) Drink Lemon Water: Every morning right when I wake up I drink a cup of hot lemon water. Lemon water has numerous benefits such as improving digestion, boosting the immune system, increasing energy, reducing inflammation, and several others. Drinking this not only hydrates me but makes me feel more awake.
2) Exercise: Now I’ll admit, this isn’t something I do every morning but it is something I try to do. We all have something we could work on and this is that area for me. However, I know that the best time for me to workout is in the morning and I also feel great after I do it. Personally, I love running. I just love sleeping as well. I try to sign up for races as much as I can so that I have something to train for and motivate me to get out the door in the mornings. Find a morning exercise routine that works for you!
3) Eat Breakfast: Every single morning I make myself breakfast. Every morning. Whether it’s eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, or a breakfast burrito, I always make sure I eat something that nourishes my body and keeps me fueled for the day. My #1 tip for doing this is prepare the night before. If I know I don’t have much time in the morning and I want to make an egg and veggie scramble, for example, I will chop up all of the vegetables the night before so that they are ready to go when I need them. I also cut up the lemons for my lemon water the night before as well.
4) Drink green tea vs. coffee: This is a recent ritual for me but it seems to be working so I thought I would share. After finally coming to the realization (I’ve secretly always known) that coffee does not digest well with me, I have made the switch to green tea. Green tea seems to work great for me and has plenty of additional health benefits which is a plus! Drinking green tea actually makes me feel more energized throughout the day and just makes me feel better in general.
5) Reading Jesus Calling: This is something that I started doing at the beginning of the year. Every morning I try to read the passage for the day in Jesus Calling. I have mentioned this before, but this is a really good way to set your day off on a good start. Religious or not, I think this book is great for everyone and really helps. Each day there is something said that I can apply to what I am going through and it always seems to help me see a positive spin on things.
So those are just a few things I do (or at least try to do) each morning, which help me get day day off to a great start. Try incorporating these rituals, or your own, to make your day the best day!